Online presence has become a necessity even for local businesses. The yellow pages have been replaced and today people go online to look for new restaurants for recommendations. Restaurant owners need an attractive optimized website.
Website builders are available for free through many open source platforms. You can even opt to go for paid ones depending on your budget.
Budget will determine how small or large your website is. You can select free templates or themes on the basis of your technical skills. Even if you are not techy, customizing your restaurant website is simple but needs some time to complete it. It is wise to hire professional web developer.
Choose specific restaurant theme
Choose a niche theme because layout will have multiple necessary features. It will be easy to setup than general themes with myriads of options. Make sure to choose a responsive theme because people can look for some place to eat, when they are on the go around the city.
You will need to give particular information. Basic content and web pages, which needs to be included in a website are –
- About Us – On this page, you need to offer brief restaurant history. Your inspiration to open it or any applicable location history.
- Contact Us – Here you will add the restaurant address and name, phone number, directions, email and owners/managers name.
- Menu – When people visit your restaurant site they will first check the menu offered. Make sure that the fonts used are readable and the page is not cluttered. Never post scanned copy of paper menu or PDF.
- Photo Gallery – Some interesting pictures of dining room, bar area, lounge, and even the exteriors need to be added. Periodically update the photos to avoid a stagnant look. Even add stunning photos of delicious food your restaurant serves.
- Link social media – Restaurants are offered free ad opportunities on Twitter and Facebook, so don’t miss this chance to reach vast audience.
- Upcoming special events – Regularly update dinner and lunch specials. You also need to promote special upcoming events like Valentine’s Day.
- Online reservation form – It is super convenient for your customers and even you. No need to answer calls or check emails. Online reservation form does all the confirmation or rejection speedily. It even mails customized email notifications and when you are closed automatically blocks reservation requests.
Link with other local businesses and request for sharing
Provide information about the local businesses like movie theaters or hotels and request them to add your restaurant link. Even link to areas tourist attraction like zoo, stadiums, and parks.